Who doesn’t love Alison Roman’s Salted Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread that went viral on the web. I mean every baker made that recipe! #bakergoals right? Find her recipe on her new book Dinning In which also became a Best Seller. Then I was also inspired by the famous Capello’s cookies and wanted to merge those 2 ideas together in this recipe. Watch my YouTube video on how to make this recipe. I adapted these cookies from Yummy Mummy Kitchen.
This Paleo Shortbread is amazing! So simple and made with the best ingredients. I love the endless applications and it makes the best edible cookie dough! Recipe adapted lightly from Yummy Mummy Kitchen
Author: Vanessa Musi
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 cookies
- 2 cups almond flour (220 gr) I suggest you scale this amount
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (at high altitude use ½ teaspoon) I love Bobs Red Mill
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 5 tablespoons melted refined coconut oil (sub half of the oil for cashew butter and you have a great cookie dough also)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ½ cup GUITTARD dark chocolate CHIPS 63 % (Just use these trust me)
- Maldon Salt or Jacobsen salt flakes to sprinkle on top
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and sea salt. Make a well in the middle. Add the melted coconut oil, syrup, and vanilla extract. With a
- rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until completely combined. The mixture will be crumbly but should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form a log with your hands. Wrap tightly in the plastic and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into ¼-1/2″ thick slices. Place on a perforated cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat. Bake for aprox 8-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from tray and let cool on a perforated tray.
- Store in a recycled salad container (the ones that have washed spinach) at room temperature for about 4 days.
[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Total”]
These cookies are soooo good! I am not usually a fan of shortbread cookies so I didn’t get my hopes up when I made these at one of your classes, but they truly impressed me! I’d make them again.
Thank you! So happy you came to class and baked with us! Lovely meeting you. Thanks for your kind words! Hope you bake them! All the best